Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A forest path?


A forest path?
Originally uploaded by Dave Traynor
There's a trail running off the side of the path. I've always been attracted to shots of trails leading off somewhere, so I took this shot. But there's something a little different about it. Any ideas what it is?

Notice the birch tree at the top left side of this photo? (Click on the image to see a larger view on my Flickr site) There's another one on the right side too. But if you look closer, you may notice that some of the trees aren't really trees at all. Maybe it's a bamboo forest?

Actually, the "forest" you see is a path running through some grass that's about 18 inches high. I set my camera down on the ground and shot some pictures from ground level. The results are pretty interesting. I've got some others too and I'll be posting them in the days ahead. It's amazing how changing your perspective gives you a whole new view on stuff you see every day.

No comments: