Sunday, January 01, 2006

Here's to 2006

Happy New Year, everyone!

This will be an interesting year for me and my family, as we enter a new chapter in our lives. We've already bid adieu to two of our flock and in June, the youngest will be finished high school.

I know some parents like to keep the family home as a base for the kids to rally back to from time to time, but Heather and I have other ideas. So by the fall, we'll both be setting up shop in Victoria, BC, a long way from our current abode. In fact, Heather left a couple of days ago for an extended stay in Victoria. She'll be working as a midwife and preparing the way for the launch of her new practice in the summer.

Over the holidays, I've been reflecting on what a home means to a family, as we've enjoyed having our family all back here again. In a perfect world, perhaps we would stay put in one place...but we won't be doing that.

Fortunately, we have our summer place at Buena Vista, just outside Regina. It's a spot I'll always keep and a great place to spend the summers. So far, we're all committed to spending time together there every summer. So no matter where we all end up, it will give us somewhere to come together fairly often.

Wherever you are, I hope the coming year unfolds the way you hope and that you and all those close to you get all the happiness you deserve.

Happy New Year!

No comments: