Monday, February 21, 2005

My how time flies

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted anything here. Time can sure get away on you when you get busy.

I've been going non-stop on a few jobs lately, designing web pages for some new clients. It's a lot of fun for me, and I'm learning lots of new skills. But it's time consuming and meeting various deadlines have kept me chained to the computer for a long time.

You'd think that since I'm sitting at the computer all day, it would be easy to post something, wouldn't you? Well...wouldn't you? I would. But I'd be wrong.

At any rate, this is to let you all know that I'm still in the business, despite the rather alarming front page on my website. But redesigning that site with some new business content is right there on my to-do list.

Today, I took the early commuter train into Toronto for a client meeting. I'd forgotten just how crazy the commuting life is! I can't say I miss that routine. The zombies on the train, snoozing and drooling all the way in at such a ludicrous hour, followed by the frantic rushing to get off the train and pile into Union Station. What a crazy way to spend so much of each day. Oh well...it's a different view when you only see it occasionally.

I'd point you to the work I'm doing but it's not quite ready for prime time yet. But these sites will be part of my new client gallery on the new site. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I'm in the process of designing some websites as well. I've caught the designing bug! Proof of this is the three re-designs of my personal site in the past 10 days. I'm amazed at what you learn just from doing...this is favourite learning style. Once you start working, 3 hours can pass in an instant!

I'm also thinking about posting up my portfolio of work on the site.

Looking forward to seeing your new design!