Wednesday, April 05, 2006

We're on the market

This is definitely one of those vanity posts. It has nothing to do with business, or anything like that (unlike the guitar video I posted on the weekend!)

But here's a quick update to our "selling the house" thing. The sign is up front, we're up and running on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) and the calls are coming in. We've got four showings booked for the next couple of days and our open house is being held this Sunday. (You can visit our house online here.)

With luck, we'll get someone interested early next week and we can get this thing sold. Then we can get back to living like normal people again.

As I write this, I'm sitting in a very, very clean office, which has never looked so good. Nor has any other room in this place. We've dusted and vacuumed and sorted and thrown away and hidden and - well, if it involves cleaning, we've done it.

I was up until 2 am last night finishing up. Which wouldn't be so bad, except I had to be up to head into Toronto at 5 am! I'm a bit bushed right now.

But it was worth it. The house looks nice. In fact, I think I'm going to miss it when we do sell it. Given the price of houses in Victoria, I'm not sure we'll be owning again for awhile.

But enough about this already. I'm not going to turn this blog into a daily update on Dave's adventures selling his house. I'll report back when we've sold the silly thing. Unless something really newsworthy happens in the interim.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my god -- I LOVE your house. Could you please arrange to have it moved to Markham? We would buy it pronto.

I don't know much about the Hamilton housing market Dave, but I can't see how this one isn't going to be snapped up immediately. I've crossed my fingers on a bidding war for you.

Paul said...

Very nice. Melanie is right ... here's to a bidding war! Isn't it gross that if your place was in Toronto you'd get double for it?