Saturday, May 12, 2007

Friday fun for May 11, 2007

I know this post is a day late...but I got busy and forgot I had some good stuff to show you. Good weekend fun too, so I don't think you'll mind it a day late.

Two items for your perusal this week.

The 100-year-old blog


Like me, you probably thought that weblogs (or blogs) were a relatively new phenomenon. Well, think again. OK, I'm kidding. But suppose for a minute that social media tools were around back at the turn of the last century (the 20th, I mean.) This blog will show you what I mean. There are a lot of interesting photos, some that will make you smile, some that are chilling. But they're all interesting.

Here's the link. You'll see what I mean.

Running the numbers


This guy makes big, big pictures. I can only imagine what they'd look like if we could see them live...but it's when you look closer that you realize just how much of an impact they're making. These large prints are made up of thousands of smaller photos and they're designed to make a statement about consumption.

It's a powerful and compelling story.

Here's the link.

Next week, I'll try to make my Friday deadline. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Extraordinary and shocking photos. When will we learn to consume less?