Tuesday, January 23, 2007

This blog's domain name has changed

You may not have noticed, but I've started using Blogger's new Custom Domain option to host TheDailyUpload.

The old URL of this blog was www.thedailyupload.blogspot.com OR thedailyupload.blogspot.com. You could use either the www or not, as you saw fit.

Both of those URL's still send you here, because Google is redirecting them to my new address.

I've been using TheDailyUpload for over two years, but I never actually bought the domain. So I thought I should So, I went out and bought the domain name TheDailyUpload.com.

Then I switched my publishing options on Blogger from using their "blogspot" servers, to using their Custom Domain option, a new option on "The New Blogger."

Now the domain name of this blog is www.thedailyupload.com. No more "blogspot" in the title.

But I've discovered there's a problem. If someone just types in thedailyupload.com (without the "www") they get a "404 - The page you're looking for can't be found" error.

This is driving me crazy because, well, I'm the type of person that goes crazy over stuff like this. But it's also causing problems for some of you, because several have written me to ask what happened to my blog.

I'm working on finding a solution, and I'm sure there is one out there. But in the meantime, if you're typing in the address, use www.thedailyupload.com and things should be OK.

If you have any suggestions on what I should do, please let me know. I need some help on this.



Technorati Tag:

No comments: