Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Catching up with Roz

Roz Savage is a British rower who is on her way to becoming the first woman to row solo across the Pacific. I thought I'd linked to her blog her previously, but I can't find any previous posts. I may have posted about it on Twitter but not here. Anyway, I thought I'd close the loop by letting you know that she's finished stage 2 of her epic adventure by rowing from Hawaii to Tarawa. You'll have to use Google Earth to find that place.

Right now, Roz is back in New York, getting ready for a five-day ride through the countryside to raise awareness about global warming (some people just never quit impressing me) but she's posted some very nice retrospectives of her latest journey on her new web page.

Here's the link to one of them.

If you've got the time, I'd recommend going back and reading some of those posts made from the middle of the Pacific. It was a fascinating journey and fun to see how she's made such great use of new communication technology, like sat/phones that let her blog every day from the ocean. And Twitter, which she is active on. And a bunch of other social media tools. It is a great case study of how to build a community.

It's all on her website at www.rozsavage.com

No comments: