Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Sask scenes for the holidays

Well...perhaps not just for the holidays. The CBC in Saskatchewan puts out a package of card each year, with the images supplied by their loyal listeners. Here's the link to this year's version.

Disclosure note: I was one of the esteemed judges this year, and I'm happy to say that all of my picks made it into the final 12. As you'll see, the range of photos was pretty impressive. And be sure to check out the rest of them. There's pages and pages of really interesting stuff, all contributed by listeners of the Morning Edition in Saskatchewan.

One interesting thing I noted was how few of the pictures had any people in them. Seems like Sask people really like that big sky country, and they're sure in love with the landscape. For all those Ontario folks who ask me what's so attractive about my home province, I think I'll just point them to this picture gallery.

No comments: