Monday, December 05, 2005

Bad news for Mallick fans

One of the reasons I'm such a fan of the Globe and Mail is because it usually makes an effort to present more than one side of an issue. Over all, I think the reporting and columns is often first-rate.

That's why I'm so disappointed to learn this weekend that Heather Mallick has left the paper over a dispute about the way the editors handled her regular Saturday column, according to The Toronto Star's Antonia Zerbisias in her media blog.

I found out about this through my friend Eric Eggertson's blog Mutually Inclusive, who in turn has a link to the original blog posting. Ah, the beauty of blogging in action.

Eric's post is called "What was the Globe thinking?"

Indeed. They've let a good voice get away, if they don't do anything to get her back.

And if you think she should be brought back send a note to the editor.

No comments: