Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Rowing Update - Proud Papa edition

...much too long to get this post up. Both of my daughters, Jaime and Kelly Anne, were taking in part in the Canadian Secondary School Rowing Championships in St. Catherines this past weekend. And I'm proud to report that they each won a bronze medal!

Jaime won a bronze in the 63kg Senior Women's Single, while Kelly and her partner, Beth Harris, rowed a wonderful race to get a bronze in the Jr Women's Double.

Needless to say, I was so proud of them both, I could hardly speak. It was very exciting (who knew rowing was so action-packed?) and I admit a few tears were shed...

Best of all, my mother was visiting from Regina, and she, along with my sister from Edmonton and brother from Toronto, were all on hand to cheer them on. What a cool day it was.

You can check out the final results for Jaime's race and Kelly's race.

Kelly also made it to the finals in the Sr. Women's Quad and came sixth.

And if you want to see some pictures of the races themselves, here's one of Jaime and here's one of Kelly and with her partner, Beth.



No comments: