Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 3 and I just about missed it


The old workhorse
Originally uploaded by Dave Traynor
If you're going to set yourself up to post 1 picture each day on Flickr and write about it, you'd better consider a few things. Most important - make sure you carry your camera with you!

It's been so long since I thought much about taking photos that I left the house this morning without my camera - then again at noon - and finally after supper. By the time I got home again, I was running out of time to capture something - anything!

This is only day 3 of my 1aDay project and already things are looking a little shaky around the edges. (Hmmm....I haven't posted any real rules that I'm supposed to be following, so maybe I can make some of my own.)

Maybe I just need to post a picture each day and write about it. It might or might not be a photo that I've shot. Or it might be one that I've taken another day and put up to illustrate my story. That sounds reasonable. I'm going to have to think about that.

After all, the point of this exercise is really to help get my creative juices flowing and help my blog live up to its name.

The photo today (and yes, I just took it, in case you're wondering) is my trusty Apple Macintosh Powerbook G4 12". It's been a reliable companion for nearly 5 years now and I've been giving serious consideration to upgrading. But my finances suggest that extending its life makes more sense right now, so I continue to depend on it.

This past weekend at the Northern Voice blogging conference in Vancouver, I appeared to be the only person in the room with an old Powerbook. Everyone seemed to have MacBooks or MacBook Pros (except for the odd Windows machine - but there weren't many of them either.) Two years ago at the same conference, there were dozens of the Powerbooks, but times have changed and my machine is now officially classed as "obsolete" by Apple.

I like this pic because it pretty much sums up the state of my office these days. There's a lot of stuff everywhere waiting to be tidied up. Sort of my life, when you think about it. More tomorrow.

No comments: